Monday, June 11, 2012

PREPPING THE TRIP


A week before the trip i left to got to the beach in Florida.  I got back three days before we had to leave for Dallas.  So all my packing was very last minute.  My family and I went to Dallas a day early so that we could sight see while we were there. Of course we had to go across the new Calatrava bridge, Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge.  The bridge itself is pretty cool but its has such a large presence for such a little river that it stretches across.  Another one of the sights that we saw and visited was the Texas Book Depository by Philip Johnson.  There we visited the Sixth Floor museum which was all about JFK and was the location of where Oswald when he shot the president. Also on the way to the airport we saw Ivring Convention Center that was done by William Zahner!
The next day was the big day. We had to waste a whole afternoon because the plane left at 3:45. It felt like forever! This was my first time to leave the country and first time on a plane. I didn't get nervous until we passed up the exit to our terminal and when I was in the actual airport.  The first plane was huge! There was a little bit of turbulence and I didn't sleep much.  We landed in Amsterdam and got on the second plane and finally we were in berlin!!


No comments:

Post a Comment